Data protection – Legal Notice
Status: May 2018
Name and address of the company responsible
Wesemann GmbH – Head Office
Telephone: +49(0)42 42 594 - 0
Telefax: +49(0)42 42 594 - 333
Contact details of the data protection officer
Telephone: +49(0)421 20750-0
Information on the collection of personal data
(1) In the following we have provided information on the collection of personal data when using our website. Personal data is all data that directly related to your person, e.g.name, address, email addresses and user behaviour.
(2) When you contact us by email or through a contact form, the information you provide (your email address, your name and telephone number, if applicable) will be stored by us in order to answer your questions. We delete the data that arises in this context when the storage is no longer required, or restrict processing if statutory retention requirements exist.
(3) If we use contracted service providers for individual functions of our offer, or should we wish to use your data for advertising purposes, we inform you in detail below regarding the respective processes. In doing so, we also state the specified criteria for the storage duration.
(1) You have the following rights against us with respect to your personal data:
– Right to information,
– Right to rectification or erasure,
– Right to restriction of processing,
– Right of objection to processing,
– Right of data portability.
(2) You also have the right of complaint to a data protection authority concerning our processing of your personal data.
Right to revoke declaration of consent
(1) You have the right to revoke consent to the processing of your data in accordance with Art. 7 para. 3 DS-GVO at any time with effect for the future, by sending us an appropriate notice by mail or email.
(2) In order to exercise the above rights, please contact our data protection officer (contact details see above).
Collection of personal data when visiting our website
(1) In the case of merely informative use of the website, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, we will only collect data that your browser transmits to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data, which is technically necessary for us to show you our website and to ensure the stability and security (legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 S. 1 lit. f DS-GVO):
· Information about the browser type and the version used
· The operating system of the user
· The Internet service provider of the user
· The shortened IP address of the user
· Date and time of access
· Websites from which the system of the user comes to our website
· Websites accessed by the user’s system through our website
The log files contain shortened IP addresses, so that an assignment to a user is not possible.
(2) Collection of the data for provision of the website and storage of the data in log files is essential for the operation of the website. There is, therefore, no possibility of objection on your part.
(1) When you use our website, cookies are stored on your computer. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard drive and assigned to the browser you are using, and through which the body that sets the cookie (in this case through us) receives certain information. Cookies cannot run programmes or transmit viruses to your computer. They serve to make the Internet overall more user-friendly and effective.
(2) This website uses so-called transient cookies. These are automatically deleted when you close the browser. These include in particular the session cookies. These store a so-called session ID, with which various requests from your browser can be assigned to the common session. This will allow your computer to be recognised when you return to our website. The session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
Catalogue request, Contact
(1) A catalogue request form is available on our website. If a user takes advantage of this option, the data entered in the input mask is transmitted to us and stored. These data are:
· Type of catalogue
· Company/ School / Institute
· First given name*
· Street, House number*
· Email address*
· Query: Would you like personal contact?
Fields marked with * are mandatory.
(2) In order to submit the catalogue request, you must confirm that you consent to the processing of your data. There is no disclosure of the data to third parties in this context. The data is used exclusively for the processing of the conversation.
(3) If you would also like direct contact by telephone or email, please confirm this by marking with x. This requires the provision of your telephone number or email address.
(4) The purpose of the processing of the data is the execution of your catalogue request or to make contact. The legal basis is in the presence of the consent of the user; Art. 6, para. 1 lit. a DSGVO. The catalogue request or contact data will be deleted as soon as it is no longer required for processing.
(5) You have the option, at any time, to revoke your consent to the processing of personal data for the future, either by post or email.
Integration of YouTube videos
(1) We have, in our online offer, included YouTube videos, which are stored at https://www.youtube.com/ and are directly playable from our website. These are all integrated in the “enhanced data protection mode”, which means that no data about you as user is transferred to YouTube if you do not play the videos. Only when you play the videos will the data mentioned in paragraph 2 be transmitted. We have no influence on this data transfer.
(2) By the visit to the website, YouTube receives information that you have accessed the corresponding sub-page of our website. This happens regardless of whether YouTube provides a user account that you are logged in to, or if there is no user account. When you are logged in to Google/YouTube, your data will be assigned directly to your account. If you do not wish to be associated with your profile on YouTube, you have to log out before activating the button. YouTube stores your data as user profile and uses it for purposes of advertising, market research and/or customization of its website. Such an evaluation is carried out in particular (even for users that are not logged in) for the provision of needs-based advertising and to inform other users on the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, whereby you must address the objection to YouTube in order to exercise these rights.
Integration of Google maps
(1) On this website we use the offer of Google maps. This allows us to show you interactive maps directly on the website and enables you to conveniently use the map function.
(2) By the visit to the website, Google receives information that you have accessed the corresponding sub-page of our website. This happens regardless of whether Google provides a user account that you are logged in to, or if there is no user account. When you are logged in to Google, your data will be assigned directly to your account. If you do not wish to be associated with your profile on Google, you have to log out before activating the button. Google stores your data as user profile and uses it for purposes of advertising, market research and/or customization of its website. Such an evaluation is carried out in particular (even for users that are not logged in) for the provision of needs-based advertising and to inform other users on the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, whereby you must address the objection to Google in order to exercise these rights.
Collection of personal data of contact persons of suppliers, service providers and commercial customers
The following personal data concerning you which we receive from you or your employer is processed in our company in the context of the business transaction.
- Your master data, in particular name and, if requested, function in the company; your contact data, in particular current business address, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses.
- If applicable, any other data concerning your employer that is related to the fulfilment of the respective business relationship, such as dealer number, address data, contract data and/or booking data.
The purpose of the processing is the fulfillment of contractual obligations (legal basis is Art. 6(1) sentence 1(b) DS-GMO) or due to a legitimate interest (legal basis is Art. 6(1) sentence 1(f) DS-GMO), for example, where necessary to assert legal claims and defence in legal disputes.
We will not disclose your personal data to third parties unless you have consented to the sharing of such data or if we are entitled or obliged by law and/or official or judicial orders to disclose such data.
We process your data only as long as it is required to fulfill contractual or legal obligations. If there is no longer a legitimate interest, we will delete the data or, if this is not possible, limit its processing. As a rule, we delete your data at the latest five years after the end of the contractual relationship.
You have the following rights with respect to the personal data concerning you:
- Right of access,
- right to rectification or deletion,
- right to restriction of processing,
- right to data portability.
Right to objection: You have the right to object to the processing of personal data concerning you at any time for reasons arising from your particular situation (Article 21 DS-GMO). We will cease the processing of your personal data unless we can prove compelling legitimate grounds for processing that outweigh your interests, rights and freedoms, or in the case that the processing is for the purpose of enforcing, pursuing or defending legal claims.
To exercise your rights, please contact the company address given above or the data protection officer (firstname.lastname@example.org).
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority if you believe the processing of your personal data by us does not comply with the data protection regulations.